Sunday, January 2, 2011

Socks & Stockingcaps

Happy 2011!

During the 2011 year I will be watching sales on new pairs of men's and women's socks and buying a pair at random while out doing my other shopping. I would like to spend the next 11 months collecting new and warm socks as well as stockingcaps (only) to hand out to people in need in December 2011.

I hear at the Goodwill in Sellwood, you can purchase clothing by the pound. What a great location to look for warm hats!! For anyone interested in helping me collect these items, please let me know. In December, I will be putting a crew (hopefully multiple crews) of people together that would like to help me pass out these warm and needed items in downtown Portland and along the waterfront.

Please Note: This is NOT a drive for a Non-Profit agency. This is people that may have a little extra to spare giving their items to people who need it. It's that simple. Hats may be used but socks must be in their new packaging. If you are a knitting enthusiast, knitted socks (not worn) and/or hats are welcome!

Please, if you'd like to help, check your closets, dresser drawers, bins and boxes for your old ski hats and winter hats that may be a little out dated, or simply just no longer your favorite and donate it. Pick up a pair of socks when you're out doing your shopping.

If you are planning on participating, please email me at amber@citizengive.org
We can make arrangements for your items to be picked up once you've collected what you'd like to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment